ANYBODY EVER TRIED TO KIDNAP YOU?
I know it’s an odd question to ask. But I’m curious because it happened to me in Tbilisi, Georgia (Former Soviet Union) when a family I’d never met concocted a plot to kidnap me and force me to marry their daughter. It’s one of those stories that sounds absurd. But when I explain why it happened it kind of makes sense. And that’s just one of many adventures I had on three continents as I searched for my purpose in life. In fact, you can add these to the mix:
- Prison guard
- Started a Russian pipeline business that was stolen by another prison guard
- Survived the marriage from hell
- Closed a fertilizer deal with a Russian felon
- Chased an Iranian oil deal with a member of the Shah’s family
- Lost my life savings to African fraudsters
- Fled a hotel in Cotonou, Benin
Over thirty years I lost businesses, romantic relationships, finances, friendships, homes and jobs. But as a result I developed the mental and emotional strength to win my strongest battles with fear. And now I get to live my purpose every day.
With the right mindset, nothing we lose can prevent us from finding our purpose, regardless of our circumstances! I help people develop that mindset and live their purpose.